Rock Climbing Gear
Sulphur Creek Outfitters carries only top quality climbing gear. You don’t have to travel to the big city or order online and wait for days. Our Technical Manager will help you with your selections and offer free information to make your climbing experience safe, efficient and memorable.
- Cypher and Lowa Climbing Shoes
- Petzl Harnesses, Rope, Belay Devices, Ascenders, Carabiners, Anchors and Cams, Chalk Bags, Rope Bags, Gloves, Helmets, Head Lights
- Beal Static and Dynamic Ropes
- Singing Rock Gear Bags
- Black Diamond Head Lights
Rock Climbing Areas
Arkansas has become a major venue for climbing and the Ozarks are the best kept secret in the sport. Horseshoe Canyon Ranch, Richland Creek, Pilot’s Knob, Dardenelle Rock and Sam’s Throne are a few of the most popular, but you will love our numerous local areas too.
Local Climbing Areas:
◦ Located in Heber Springs and only minutes from Sulphur Creek Outfitters.
◦ Rappelling only
◦ A 30 minutes, non-technical climb to the rappelling area
◦ Views of the Little Red River and Heber Springs
◦ Located on the Little Red River near the Greers Ferry Lake Dam in Heber Springs. Only 10 minutes from the store.
◦ Located near Batesville and packed full of routes for sports, bouldering and traditional styles. About a 30-40 minute drive from the store.
◦ A gated, private area operated with donations. We claim this area as our number 1 venue for climbing trips. It’s a beautiful natural area with easy access and all levels and styles of climbing
◦ Home of the King of the Crag annual competition in October
◦ Currently 54 sport, 2 trad and 3 bouldering routes rated from 5.7 to 5.12d
Big Creek Natural Area
◦ Located 20 minutes from Heber Springs.
◦ A 20-30 minute hike into many unrated areas along Big Creek. Several wet weather waterfalls.